Draft Framework Plan for a Rejuvenation Strategy for TerenureA Local Area Plan has been commissioned by Terenure 2030 and drawn up Reddy Architecture and Urbanism. The principal aims of the plan are:
- Improvement of the infrastructure of the village
- Restoration of Terenure Village as a vibrant urban village
- Provision of a community focal point and improved public spaces
- Provision of traffic calming gateways at entry points to the village
- Improvements to public transport
- The Plan foresees the development of the car park site on Terenure Road North as a new primary healthcare centre, new public library, a public square and an underground car park.
- The plan also envisages the development of the VEC Sports grounds on Templeogue Road, as a multi-sports facility with all-weather playing pitches suitable for Gaelic games and Soccer.
The Local Area Plan for Terenure will be available to view at Terenure Public Library, Templeogue Road, from Monday 18th April 2016 for three weeks until 9th May 2016.
Alternatively you may download a copy of the plan from our website page here.
Comments on the Plan are invited and can be submitted to Terenure Library, or by email here.