Are you interested in local and national Irish history and want to learn more in a relaxed environment? Do you want to learn the story behind the Easter Rising of 1916? Then please come along to a series of talks that cover the people and events that shaped the country.
Talks take place on Thursday mornings at 10am in the Evergreen Hall, Terenure Road North (rear of car park). Admission is FREE.
Thursday 28 April: The People Behind the Rising
Thursday 5 May: Easter Monday - the key battle sites
Thursday 12 May (no talk)
Thursday 19 May: The Remaining Week of Hostilities and the Surrender
Thursday 26 May: How the Rising has been Celebrated and its Legacy
Wednesday, 27 April 2016
Monday, 25 April 2016
Have you got some ideas on how to improve Terenure village & local area?
Can you spare an hour or two a month to make your village an area to be proud of?
Please join us for the FIRST Terenure Tidy Towns meeting.
Friday, 15 April 2016
The AGM will take place on
Tuesday 19th April 2016
St Joseph's Parish Hall
access via Beech Lawn Way or Terenure Road East
All are welcome.
Public representatives and the Gardai have been invited.
Minutes from the 2015 AGM, which are due to be ratified at the meeting, can be seen here.
The Committee is appealing to members to put themselves forward to join in the running of the Association and helping your community.
Wednesday, 13 April 2016
Active Wise Walk and FUN ActivitiesTerenure VEC Grounds
Sunday 17th April
Healthier eating and physical activity in our community.
* Table tennis * Athletics * Martial arts * Face painting *
For more information about this Terenure initiative, click here.
Thursday, 7 April 2016
Draft Framework Plan for a Rejuvenation Strategy for TerenureA Local Area Plan has been commissioned by Terenure 2030 and drawn up Reddy Architecture and Urbanism. The principal aims of the plan are:
- Improvement of the infrastructure of the village
- Restoration of Terenure Village as a vibrant urban village
- Provision of a community focal point and improved public spaces
- Provision of traffic calming gateways at entry points to the village
- Improvements to public transport
- The Plan foresees the development of the car park site on Terenure Road North as a new primary healthcare centre, new public library, a public square and an underground car park.
- The plan also envisages the development of the VEC Sports grounds on Templeogue Road, as a multi-sports facility with all-weather playing pitches suitable for Gaelic games and Soccer.
The Local Area Plan for Terenure will be available to view at Terenure Public Library, Templeogue Road, from Monday 18th April 2016 for three weeks until 9th May 2016.
Alternatively you may download a copy of the plan from our website page here.
Comments on the Plan are invited and can be submitted to Terenure Library, or by email here.